At Cook Communications, we understand that nonprofit organizations have limited dollars to spend on marketing communications. We carefully develop marketing plans - and implement them – with that in mind.
We don’t suggest marketing tactics that are beyond your reach or beyond your budget. We specialize in helping nonprofits maximize their marketing dollars, through effective and highly targeted communications.
Since our inception, we have worked with numerous nonprofits, including:
- Advertising and public relations services for an agency that provides free child care referrals to parents and that trains child care providers and early educators in best practices (See sample ad)
- Writing a comprehensive report detailing the work of a community-based organization combating the poverty crisis in an Upstate New York region
- Brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, and a video to introduce an innovative program to expand classroom instruction time in underperforming elementary schools in one of the largest school districts in New York State
- Creating a radio and print advertising campaign to recruit volunteer firefighters (See sample ad)
- Developing a comprehensive ad and PR campaign to help a neighborhood combat the prevalence of street prostitution (Learn more)
- Creating and implementing a PR plan to announce a new computer sciences building at an Ivy League university. The announcement generated more than 70 stories in such major media outlets as CNBC, Fox Business Network, Bloomberg Radio Network, San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, and Miami Herald.
- Public relations services to announce a museum exhibition about the Nazi’s persecution of homosexuals
- PR and marketing consulting for an agency that trains nonprofit boards of directors
- Public and media relations services to promote one of the largest hearing and speech centers in the Northeast
- Developing a marketing plan to boost membership of an aging theater organ society. Recruitment efforts resulted in more than 100 new members.
- PR services to promote the work of an anti-poverty mission and homeless shelter